Video/graphics cards and integrated motherboard/processor graphics chips
Graphics cards – fan-cooled (left) and passive-cooled. Click on the image to see its full size
This section of this website, combined with its Graphics Card Problems, Monitors and Laptop PCs sections, provides all of the information a prospective or an actual desktop and laptop PC owner needs to know about graphics cards and other graphics implementations and the problems that beset them.
Installation of graphics and sound cards
The Installing video/graphics and sound cards section of the Build Your Own Desktop PC article (under the Hardware menu item) on this website provides illustrated information on and videos of the installations of those adapter cards.
1. – Graphics motherboard connection standards: PCI, PCI-X and PCI Express
2. – Graphics connection interfaces: VGA, DVI, DisplayPort and HDMI
3. – Using multiple monitors
4. – Intel and AMD processors (CPUs) with integrated graphics chips
5. – Video card device drivers
6. – AMD’s CrossFireX, Nvidia’s SLI and comparisons of graphics cards
7. – How to find out the information about the graphics card(s) installed in a PC/computer
8. – More detailed information on the graphics-card auxiliary power connectors and connection interfaces – VGA, DVI, DisplayPort and HDMI
9. – The HDMI sound and vision transmission standard, its digital rights management system and other matters
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10